DBS - MPU Operator/Blast crew
Job ID: 539587
Job type: Full time
Location: Pilbara, Karara
Who we are
Downer is a diversified engineering and services business. With over 19,000 employees we build strong relationships of trust with our customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions.
Our Mining division is Australia’s leading diversified mining contractor. As part of this team you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to provide safe, ethical and environmentally conscious outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
DBS is one of the largest blasting services providers in the Australian mining industry. It provides innovative blasting solutions to over 20 projects across Australia, with a fleet of over 50 Mobile Processing Units, four state-of-the-art emulsion-manufacturing facilities and a 300-strong workforce. For over a decade DBS has gone the Extra Mile to provide a flexible, collaborative and pioneering blasting service to its impressive list of major resources sector customers. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Downer Mining, it has the backing and scale of a leading mining services company, but the personal touch of a smaller one.
We are currently seeking applications from Operators (MPU and Blast Crew) for a full time relief MPU Operator/Blast Crew role. While this role will be predominately based at our Karara Mine Site, there will be requirements for this role to travel to all of our sites across Western Australia where the roster varies from 4 days on to 4 days off up to 2 weeks on 1 week off. Reporting to the Site Manager, Operators are involved in a range of duties dependent on their level of experience. This may include operating and maintaining mobile process mixing units, manufacturing a range of explosive product at the hole, regularly performing quality control checks throughout the manufacturing process and recording data as required.
It is expected you will provide a high quality of service to the client on the shot and assist with other processes when required. This role requires the ability to pass a police/background check, obtain a Dangerous Goods licence and to obtain/hold an HR licence.
- Prior experience in MMU/MPU Operations is essential
- Prior experience working as part of a Blast Crew is desirable
- You will have initiative and a flexible approach to work and strong communication skills
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work well within a team environment
- An unwavering commitment to the highest safety, community and environmental standards
WHAT WE OFFER
- Our Zero Harm initiative : A genuine commitment to the health and safety of all on the DBS Team
- Fly in Fly out role from Perth / Drive in drive out to selected sites
- A diverse and supportive work environment where individuals are encouraged to show initiative
- The opportunity to develop new skills within DBS
- A fantastic field based opportunity where you can work independently
This is an exciting and permanent employment opportunity for an individual with passion and drive to contribute to the ongoing development of DBS.
For further information, please contact Annie Davies on 08 6212 9542.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: W. Australia Standard Time