Team Leader - Power
Job ID: 539637
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: North Ryde
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines)
Who we are
Downer is a diversified engineering and services business. With over 19,000 employees we build strong relationships of trust with our customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions.
Downer Utilities is experiencing continuing growth and high levels of activity in large scale Renewables, Water and Power Infrastructure projects including Utility Scale Solar Farms (>100MW), Wind Farms, Wastewater Treatment Plants, Transmission and Distribution Substations and Power Lines. This activity requires has resulted in expansion within Downer’s in-house engineering team (one of Australia’s largest in-house design teams) to support Power and Renewables projects covering all aspects of the design, construction, commissioning and maintenance stages.
Due to this expansion Downer is seeking an experienced Team Leader - Power to be based in our North Ryde office in Sydney on a full time permanent basis.
ABOUT THE ROLE
A dual faceted role responsible for:
- Providing design management support for detailed design packages and
- Leadership and oversight of the day to day operations of the local electrical engineering team including transmission line designers and substation designers, engineers, drafters and external sub-contractors .
ESSENTIALS ABOUT YOU
- Significant Local experience and recognised expertise in the design and delivery of infrastructure projects particularly electrical infrastructure projects within the Australian market.
- Strong High Voltage electrical background with a thorough understanding of construction practices and methodologies
- Proven leadership qualities and team management experience with a supportive, guiding and collaborative management style
- Strong communication and stakeholder engagement skills - internal team, peers, project teams and external clients and third parties.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering with demonstrated experience in design and construction of electrical transmission and distribution infrastructure projects.
WHAT WE OFFER
- The opportunity to work on large scale Power, Water Infrastructure and Renewable Energy projects.
- Work for a major ASX listed company.
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment, experiencing enviable growth and activity within the power and renewable energy space.
As an employer who embraces equal opportunity and promotes diversity and inclusion, we encourage men and women of all ages and backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians to apply.
CLOSING DATE: 1:00 pm April 3rd 2018
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this great opportunity, please click on “Apply Now” button. Please include a cover letter and resume and quote reference number 539637. For more information about this position please contact: Angela Hayes – Strategic Talent & Sourcing Business Partner on 03 9278 5216 (Please note that applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement).
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Standard Time