Job ID: 540208
Job type: Full time
Location: Derrimut, Melbourne
Categories: Surveying, Construction, Telecommunications
Who we are
Downer is a diversified engineering and services business. With over 19,000 employees we build strong relationships of trust with our customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions.
Our Infrastructure Services division operates three business units: Road Services; Infrastructure Projects and Utilities. As we continue our evolution of growth and innovation, the best people are critical to our success in supporting our customers and catering to market demands.
A new opportunity is now available for a Wideband Technician to join our Derrimut team. This role will involve working as part of the design and construction team of Downer’s Telecommunication business in order to effectively manage field surveying / scoping packs, including conducting exchange and customer end surveys, and return of the field survey packs to the design house to meet customer needs.
- Sound knowledge of Telstra networks including Fibre, pit & pipe networks.
- Knowledge of customer premise building type.
- Experience with the use of hand tools including Fibre traffic identifier.
- Proficient in MS suite, word, excel, outlook, power point and SharePoint.
- Proficient in Telstra, Multiman and GDD.
- Experience as a wideband surveyor/scoper, designer or technician.
- Certificate in workplace training is desirable.
- Capable of working autonomously.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Be capable of prioritising tasks and have strong time management skills.
- Strong communications skills both written and verbal.
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company.
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
- A supportive and dynamic team environment.
- A workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate, and the environment.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply button.
For more information please contact: Clarissa Esteller – Senior Talent & Sourcing Business Partner
E: email@example.com (Please note that applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement).
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Standard Time