Job ID: 540749
Job type: Full time
Categories: Trades, Maintenance
Who we are
Downer is a diversified engineering and services business. With over 19,000 employees we build strong relationships of trust with our customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions.
Downer’s Engineering, Construction & Maintenance division supports our customers through the asset life cycle, from initial feasibility and design through to construction, commissioning, operation, ongoing asset management and decommissioning.
The Conoco Phillips Darwin LNG Plant has been in operation supplying Liquefied Natural Gas to the Japanese market since 2006. Downer, as the maintenance contractor, provides support and resources to Conoco Phillips to ensure the successful completion of planned core, project and shutdown maintenance activities.
An opportunity has arisen for a trade qualified and experienced mechanical fitter to join our Core Crew at the Darwin LNG onshore facility.
Mandatory experience and qualifications
- Trade qualified Mechanical Fitter with solid experience working in a major hazard facility; LNG, petroleum or other complex processing plant
- Must be a resident of Darwin, FIFO will not be considered, relocation will not be provided
- Experience working under a ‘permit to work’ system
- Current working at heights
Preferred experience and qualifications
- Flange management training
- Experience with the repair and or replacement of GE turbines
- History working with laser shaft alignment, laser pulley alignment, sonic belt tensioning, basic vibration analysis, pump rebuilds, mechanical seal replacement/repairs and valve maintenance
- SAP or similar maintenance management system experience
- Current forklift, EWP and BA training highly regards
- The opportunity to join a team that is committed to Zero Harm
- Full time position working 48 hours per week Monday to Friday
- $45.95 per hour + paid personal and annual leave
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Central Standard Time