As a division of Downer NZ – ITS National is a business geared towards growth in the sector of Intelligent Transport Systems. We have a great opportunity for a Streetlight Electrician/ Line Mechanic to join our team in Hamilton.
This role will entail construction, maintenance and fault diagnosis/rectification of streetlight circuits and installations across Hamilton as well as new streetlight column connections.
- NZ Electrical registration as a Line Mechanic or Electrician (street-lighting experience highly desirable)
- Previous experience of streetlight maintenance is an advantage
- Sound knowledge of electrical test equipment, systems and procedures
- WTC qualified is also an advantage although not essential
- Lateral, strategic thinking and problem solving skills
- Computer Literate (ability to complete time and job sheets, and technical literacy, RAMM experience an advantage)
- A natural people person with a strong personality with a flair for dealing with a wide array of people
- A strong commitment to safety
- Ability to work both in a team and independently
- Full and current NZ drives license
- Due to the nature of the work the ability to work flexible hours to meet our customer's requirements are essential. Travel across your region will be a daily requirement.
In return we offer:
- An outstanding opportunity with diverse and challenging work
- Competitive remuneration for the right candidate
- Training and development which gives excellent opportunities to enhance your skills and advance your career.
If this sounds like the role for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 540809 to apply.
All successful applicants will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Back to search results