Job ID: 540819
Job type: Full time
Categories: Construction, Civil Engineering
Who we are
Downer is a diversified engineering and services business. With over 19,000 employees we build strong relationships of trust with our customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions.
Our Infrastructure Services division operates three business units: Road Services; Infrastructure Projects and Utilities. As we continue our evolution of growth and innovation, the best people are critical to our success in supporting our customers and catering to market demands.
Downer's Road Services business unit is one of the largest non-government owned road services businesses in Australia. We operate from a network of over 50 depots and maintain more than 40,000 km of road. Our Business is involved in many exciting ventures within the civil road industry throughout the country.
Due to internal promotion we are have an opportunity for an experienced Operations Manager to join our Woolloongabba business. Reporting to the Surfacing Manager you will provide leadership to the Contracting teams whilst driving best practice and improvements across the area to deliver optimum results.
- Demonstrated road maintenance/contracting knowledge and experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of managing asphalt and spray seal crews, with excellent knowledge of paving operations, paving machinery and paving methodology
- A background in leading high performing teams and delivering on time and within budget
- A successful track record of proactively building relationships with key stakeholders (internal & external) as well as exposure in driving change
- The ability to implement innovative processes and ideas into projects
- Strategic lead to monitor and improve growth turnover and secure long term work
- Financial literacy and business acumen with demonstrated capability in maximising financial returns on contract whilst ensuring compliance
- Strong safety focus with demonstrated evidence of actively promoting and sustaining a Zero harm environment
WHAT WE OFFER
- Highly supportive, team orientated organisation
- A strong commitment to Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- A long-term career development opportunity working with an ASX listed company
For more information contact: Helen Kruimel 0409 072 562
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: E. Australia Standard Time