Blast Crew Level 2
Job ID: 540825
Job type: Full time
Who we are
Downer is a diversified engineering and services business. With over 19,000 employees we build strong relationships of trust with our customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions.
Our Mining division is Australia’s leading diversified mining contractor. As part of this team you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to provide safe, ethical and environmentally conscious outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
DBS is one of the largest blasting services providers in the Australian mining industry. It provides innovative blasting solutions to over 20 projects across Australia, with a fleet of over 50 Mobile Processing Units, four state-of-the-art emulsion-manufacturing facilities and a 300-strong workforce. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Downer Mining, it has the backing and scale of a leading mining services company, but the personal touch of a smaller one.
We are currently seeking applications from experienced Field Technicians for our Blackwater. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, your primary function will be to perform repairs and maintenance on mobile and fixed plant in accordance with standard working procedures and manufacturer's specifications in a safe manner.
You would be responsible for participating in the continual improvement of equipment and development of your own technical skill base. Through your application of technical ability and skill you will perform maintenance tasks as per scheduled works, complete work system documentation, responding to field breakdown queries, and assisting stores with parts identification and sourcing.
This is a residential role on a lifestyle roster(note this is not a camp-based or a fly in, fly out position).
- Trade certificate or equivalent technical qualifications (Electrical/Mechanical)
- Experience in automotive, process and/or mobile equipment maintenance is desirable, as is experience maintaining auto electrical control systems
- You will have initiative and a flexible approach to work coupled with strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- An unwavering commitment to the highest safety, community and environmental standards
WHAT WE OFFER
- Our Zero Harm initiative: A genuine commitment to the health and safety of all on the DBS Team
- A residential role on an attractive family friendly roster
- A diverse and supportive work environment where individuals are encouraged to show initiative
- The opportunity to develop new skills in a range of technical areas
- A fantastic field based opportunity where you can work independently
This is an exciting and permanent employment opportunity for an individual with passion and drive to contribute to the ongoing development of DBS.
For further information, please contact Tiffany Archibald at email@example.com.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: E. Australia Standard Time