Trainee Store Person
Since 2003, Downer Mining has been providing a total mine service to the Millmerran Power Station. Downer is responsible for operating and managing the mine and associated activities and is located 200 kilometres west of Brisbane, near the township of Millmerran. Please note that this is a residential role with no camp accommodation provided. The successful incumbent will be required to provide their own accommodation and are encouraged to reside in either Millmerran or Pittsworth.
We are currently seeking a Trainee Storeperson to complete a Certificate III in Warehousing, commencing immediately.
Reporting to the Senior Store Person, you will be trained in all aspects of warehousing and stores, including receiving and dispatching goods, completing work orders and purchase requisitions, and effectively managing inventory. You will maintain the store in a clean and efficient manner and ensure routine stock takes are carried out.
- Completion of Year 12 Education
- School based/ previous work experience in a related field desirable
- Flexibility to work varied rosters to suit business requirements (5/2, 8/6, 7/7)
- Current Driver's licence and reliable transport
- A commitment to personal learning and development
- Highly motivated to succeed and a desire to be challenged
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
WHAT WE OFFER
- An opportunity to complete a qualification in Warehousing
- A residential position on a fixed term employment basis for 12 months, initially working a 5/2 roster
- Attractive employee benefits and great working conditions
- Work in a business where there's room to grow and a team that will support your journey
- Supportive working environment with a focus on safety, training and development.
For further information, please contact Michael Bernard 07 3026 6652.
Back to search results