Job ID: 541235
Job type: Full time
Location: Gladesville, Sydney, Derrimut, Melbourne
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines), Quality, Construction, Telecommunications
Who we are
Downer is a diversified engineering and services business. With over 19,000 employees we build strong relationships of trust with our customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions.
Our Infrastructure Services division operates three business units: Road Services; Infrastructure Projects and Utilities. As we continue our evolution of growth and innovation, the best people are critical to our success in supporting our customers and catering to market demands.
Reporting to the Design and Technical Manager, the Wideband Designer is primarily responsible for the Quality Assurance of survey output & designs, and day to day management of designers outputs as part of the delivery of Wideband designs on the Downer Infrastructure’s contract with Telstra Wideband.
This role will be an integral part of the project team in ensuring the team delivers constructible designs within specification on time. This will involve:
- Ensuring that all survey, design and as-built data is adequate and ultimately constructible and any design and construction learning’s are fed back to the surveyors for continues improvement and training.
- Ensuring all subcontract design packs are received within the set delivery targets and meet design requirements as per Telstra and Downer guidelines,
- Ensuring all as-build data is available to schedule and is of adequate quality and accuracy, and
- Reporting of survey, design and as-built completion numbers to schedule, cost, work in progress blockages
- Tertiary Education preferably in Telecommunications
- Experience in CAN and Tech Appraisal, Internal and External Design for EVO and Epicentre products
- Strong proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and SharePoint.
- Strong proficiency in Telstra DBoRs including but not limited to; TRAC, Multiman, GDD, CADLINK and Node Manager.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and use initiative to complete tasks and goals using a common sense approach.
- Ability to perform all duties with high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to working under pressure to strict deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proven ability to organise and prioritise tasks, is proactive and professional in manner with a high degree of self-motivation, initiative, confidence, strong attention to detail and communication skills.
- Ability to prepare documentation to a high standard for submission to the client.
- Ability to perform & contribute within a team environment.
- Flexible working hours.
- Flexibility within role being able to adjust to any given task or situation.
WHAT WE OFFER
- The unique opportunity to work in an organisation where the safety of our people and the environment is at the forefront of all that we do
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company.
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
- A supportive and dynamic team
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please click the apply now button.
For more information contact: Soumya Venkataramanan
E: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please note that applications will not be accepted via email).
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Standard Time