Business Solution Architect
Job ID: 541377
Job type: Contract - Fixed Term
Location: North Ryde
Categories: Information Technology
Who we are
Downer is a diversified engineering and services business. With over 19,000 employees we build strong relationships of trust with our customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions.
About the Role
It’s an exciting time to join Downer, as Downer IT continues to transform we offer the opportunities to work on strategic pieces of work that add real value to the Business. We are currently looking to recruit a Business Architect, offered as a four month contract, this is a maternity leave cover and could possibly extend.
The primary objective of the Business Architect is to define and maintain the Business Architecture and facilitate the alignment of Business and IT strategic objectives; the Business Architect also performs a lead role in planning and executing Architecture Transition Roadmaps as part of the broader Enterprise Architecture capability.
This role is ideally suited to a consultative, enterprise architect with a background in Rail, Utilities, Manufacturing or other related experience.
The Business Architect requires:
- A sound understanding of business architecture principles and concepts;
- The ability to assess business issues outside of the technology context;
- The ability to consider business requirements in the wider context of agreed business strategy.
Key results will be measured on:
- Business Process Improvement
- Enterprise & Business Architecture
- Methods & Tools
- Stakeholder Relationship Management
Experience & Qualifications
- Relevant tertiary qualification. Preferably diploma or degree qualified in a business related or IT discipline or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry standard EA frameworks
- Demonstrated experience in modelling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques (BPMN preferred)
- Understanding of project management methodologies
- TOGAF Enterprise Architecture
- Knowledge of emerging technology trends, IT functions, and relevant business solutions applications
- 8 to 10 years commercial IT experience, ideally with 5 years in senior IT/business roles
- The ability to recognize structural issues within the organization, functional interdependencies and cross-silo redundancies
- The ability to apply architectural principles to business solutions
- The ability to assimilate and correlate disconnected documentation and drawings, and articulate their collective relevance to the organization and to high-priority business issues
- Experience using model-based representations that can be adjusted as required to collect, aggregate or disaggregate complex and conflicting information about the business
- The ability to visualize and create high-level models that can be used in future analysis to extend and mature the business architecture
- Extensive experience planning and deploying both business and IT initiatives
- Experience modelling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques
In return we offer
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm
- An opportunity to make an impact with a growing and forward thinking company
- The opportunity to further develop your skills and professional development
- Competitive remuneration package based on experience
To apply, please click on "Apply" below and submit your resume. For more information, please email Rebecca.firstname.lastname@example.org
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies. Please do not submit any resumes or associated profiles to the Downer careers portal or to any Downer employees. Downer will not pay any placement fees relating to unsolicited resume referrals.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Standard Time