National Operations Manager - Connections & Maintenance
Job ID: 541444
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Gladesville, Sydney
Categories: Management, Project Management, Construction, Telecommunications
Who we are
Downer is a diversified engineering and services business. With over 19,000 employees we build strong relationships of trust with our customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions.
Downer Infrastructure Services division operates three business units: Road Services; Infrastructure Projects and Utilities. The National Operations Manager – Connections and Maintenance is a significant role within the leadership team within Downer’s Technology & Communications Business. Reporting to the General Manager, this position will drive the strategic direction, cultural journey and growth of the business within the customer connections and maintenance sector of the telecommunication and technology market.
As we continue our evolution of growth and innovation, the best people are critical to our success in supporting our customers and catering to market demands.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the General Manager Technology and Communications Services this role will lead the operational connection and maintenance activities to deliver on company objectives of growth, sustainability and performance, zero harm and business improvement. The span of responsibilities will incorporate:
- Strategic planning and management responsibilities for telecoms projects encompassing design, delivery, construction and operations & maintenance activities with a short, medium and longer-term focus.
- Effective and robust governance of projects and control systems to ensure positive business outcomes and results and ultimate client satisfaction.
- Operational management founded on zero harm principles of best practice in assuring the ultimate safety of our workers and our consumers.
Establishment of sustainable and durable relationships with stakeholders based on trust, thought leadership and consultation with clients, business partners and the community to t deliver robust “future proofed” water services in line with needs of the population and the economy
This role requires a track record of success at a project or operational management level, within the Telecommunications environment ideally from a contracting perspective as demonstrated by your:
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills – including management, employees, unions, contractors and the ability to foster relationships with customers.
- Demonstrable leadership and strategic direction capabilities overseeing service or project delivery – encompassing complexity, challenge and value and delivery of results.
- Ability to demonstrate a technical understanding of current and new developments and technologies and contracts which will drive excellent project outcomes and ultimate client satisfaction
- Strong commercial and financial acumen with proven abilities in financial management and reporting; scheduling of works, resources and materials; and subcontractor management. Ability to review contract performance and implement effective mitigation strategies to prevent unforeseen margin adjustments.
- Ability to foster a culture of safety, personal responsibility and continuous improvement underpinned by a sound understanding of OHS/EHS best practice, inspirational and motivational leadership and positive team development.
- Strong problem solving skills.
Tertiary qualifications in Engineering, Project Management or post graduate qualifications preferred.
WHAT WE OFFER
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company.
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
- A supportive and dynamic team environment.
A workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate, and the environment.
Interested applicants are invited to Apply by clicking the Apply button and forwarding CV details and cover letter to: Angela Hayes : Strategic Talent & Sourcing Business Partner . Closing date for applications April 5th 2018.
(Please note that applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement).
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Standard Time