Job ID: 541840
Job type: Full time
Location: Kewdale Railcar Maintenance Workshop
Who we are
Downer is a diversified engineering and services business. With over 19,000 employees we build strong relationships of trust with our customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions.
Downer’s Engineering, Construction & Maintenance division supports our customers through the asset life cycle, from initial feasibility and design through to construction, commissioning, operation, ongoing asset management and decommissioning.
Due to our continued growth and expansion we are currently seeking applications from experienced Rollingstock Maintainers to join their team our Kewdale Facility on a full time basis.
The Maintainers will perform a mix of mechanical and electrical fault finding and troubleshooting tasks, this will be at times complex in nature and required to be completed to meet tight deadlines, ensuring that Safety practices and methods are not compromised.
Your key responsibilities will include;
- Responsible for carrying out scheduled service work on rollingstock assets in accordance with maintenance procedures
- Responsible for keeping all work tools, test equipment and facilities in a clean, safe condition and good working order
- First line fault finding activities
- Liaise with depot operations staff as need to facilitate tasks
To be considered for the role you will need to possess the following qualifications and experience;
- Trade Qualified with related field experience with rollingstock or similar industry
- Ability to resolve routine mechanical/and or electrical maintenance and servicing problems.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently and prioritise work load
- Proven ability to meet customer deadlines
WHAT WE OFFER
- Rates: $36.43 per hour all purpose
- Please note the successful applicant will have to be flexible with working shift work.
These opportunities offer you the chance to work across the broad range of projects in a dynamic environment and develop and career within a highly successful engineering organisation If you re passionate about what you do and motivated to succeed, apply now.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfying the project minimum requirements and a pre-employment medical and drug & alcohol screen and evidence of your right to work in Australia.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this great opportunity please click the Apply now button.
For more information contact:
Mellissa Stirling via email: Mellissa.email@example.com
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: W. Australia Standard Time