Job ID: 542106
Job type: Full time
Location: Pilbara region
Categories: Trades, Maintenance
Who we are
Downer is a diversified engineering and services business. With over 19,000 employees we build strong relationships of trust with our customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions.
Our Mining division is Australia’s leading diversified mining contractor. As part of this team you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to provide safe, ethical and environmentally conscious outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Downer EDI Mining continues to strive forward on the $500 million mining services contract for the Roy Hill Iron Ore Project. The contract is for the provision of supplementary mining services to the Roy Hill Iron Ore mine for a period of four and a half years which includes the following:
- Drill & Blast
- Load & Haul of Overburden and Ore
Downer EDI Mining commenced infrastructure construction in early 2014, and is now moving forward into full-scale mining.
Roy Hill is currently seeking experienced Heavy Duty Fitters. Key responsibilities include repairs and maintenance of heavy duty machinery, and the preparation of relevant reports and documentation.
This is a Fly in Fly out role ex Perth, with a highly appealing 2/1 roster offering a healthy work/life balance and includes excellent on site living facilities.
- Relevant Diesel Mechanical trade qualification
- Sound knowledge of CAT equipment
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining large scale earthmoving equipment in a mining situation is essential
- Demonstrated post trade experience within a similar role
- Good communication and strong leadership skills
IN RETURN WE OFFER
- Competitive hourly rate
- Numerous financial, lifestyle, health and wellbeing benefits including salary sacrifice options, novated leasing, discounts and support programs
- An overriding commitment to Zero Harm
- Supportive work environment and career progression opportunities
- An opportunity to join a diverse and inclusive leading edge business
- Great systems, procedures, equipment and people
- Supportive work environment with modern training systems
The new accommodation village will offer modern ensuited rooms with flat screen TV's, Foxtel, internet and a quality meals service. Resort style facilities include a swimming pool, gymnasium, beach volleyball and basketball courts.
This is a permanent employment opportunity for an individual with passion and drive to contribute to the ongoing development of Downer EDI Mining.
To be considered for this role please select click on the apply link below or alternatively call Mary-Jane Heaney, Senior Recruitment Advisor on 08 62129620 for further information.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: W. Australia Standard Time