Job ID: 542443
Job type: Full time
Categories: Civil Engineering, Construction
Who we are
Downer is a diversified engineering and services business. With over 19,000 employees we build strong relationships of trust with our customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions.
Our Infrastructure Services division operates three business units: Road Services; Infrastructure Projects and Utilities. As we continue our evolution of growth and innovation, the best people are critical to our success in supporting our customers and catering to market demands.
Downer's Road Division is one of the largest non-government owned infrastructure services businesses in Australia. We operate from a network of over 50 depots and maintain more than 40,000 km of roads Australia wide. Downer is involved in many exciting ventures within the civil road industry throughout the country.
An early career opportunity has become available within Downer's Surfacing Business for a Graduate Engineer wanting to develop their career in an ASX listed company. Reporting into the Melbourne Surfacing Manager you work within our contracting team and gain extensive experience delivering projects across the Melbourne metropolitan area.
- Tertiary Qualifications in Civil Engineering or related disciplines
- Exposure to civil construction would be highly advantageous but not essential
- Have a willingness and enthusiasm to learn all aspects of our operations
- An understanding of planning, execution and reporting of projects
- Be outcome focused and have strong communication, organisational and problem solving skills
- Some demonstrated ability to work with people both in a team and autonomously
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Proficient computer skills in particular Project and Excel
- Strong safety focus with demonstrated evidence of actively promoting and sustaining a Zero harm environment
- Highly supportive, team orientated organisation
- A strong commitment to Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- A long-term career opportunity for working with an ASX listed company
For more information contact: email@example.com – please note applications will not be accepted through this email address
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Standard Time