Line Mechanic (Matamata)
- Join a leading provider of Power & Gas services
- Support NZ’s largest distribution networks
- Opportunities available in both Matamata & Paeroa
Downer Power and Gas is a leading provider of end to end services, providing design, construction & maintenance solutions for Power & Gas distribution network owners. Experiencing business success with strong project pipelines, we have a need for a number of great people to join our team. Committed to meeting the highest regulatory standards we are aligned with some of NZ’s largest networks, covering up to 30,000kms.
As a proven specialist in the power distribution field your previous experience will demonstrate your technical ability, a commitment to producing a quality job every time and taking pride in your results. You'll also be a strong communicator and a positive team member who holds Health & Safety in the highest regard.
In addition you’ll offer:
- Line Mechanic Registration and current Practising License.
- NZQA Level 4 or equivalent
- EWRB registration or meet requirements to apply
- Relevant competency tickets/licences
- Current Full Drivers Licence, ability to drive a manual vehicle and ideally a Heavy Traffic Licence Class 2
- Sound knowledge of the Safety Manual Electricity Industry (SMEI) and Safe Practices for Low Voltage Electrical Work
What's on offer?
Contributing to our larger team you’ll be proud to showcase your skills maintaining critical infrastructure for our communities, as well as impacting business success.
The potential for growth within in Downer is massive. Your current skills will be highly valued and we encourage continued learning and offer further training to meet the competencies required by our clients. Downer Line Mechanics are highly regarded and regularly recognised at industry awards and competitions – you’ll be working with the best!
Click apply now to register your interest in a future career with Downer and tell us your preferred work locations.
Check out www.downergroup.co.nz to see what we do.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Back to search results