Line Mechanic - electricity distrubution
Downer Power and Gas is a leading provider of end to end services, providing design, construction & maintenance solutions for Power & Gas distribution network owners. Experiencing business success with strong project pipelines, we have a need for a number of great people to join our team. Committed to meeting the highest regulatory standards we are aligned with some of NZ’s largest networks, covering up to 30,000kms.
Centrally located, you get the best of both worlds living in a rural township yet within easy reach to larger centres. Covering our Waikato/Valley region you have a choice of locations to live and still be handy to your workplace.
An experienced Line Mechanic with knowledge of the power industry is desirable, however we’re also interested in hearing from those who are close to or just qualified, as we will offer full training.
You will also offer:
- Relevant Line Mechanic Registration and current Practising License.
- NZQA Level 4 or equivalent
- Current Class 1 full Drivers Licence, ability to drive a manual vehicle and ideally a Heavy Traffic Licence Class 2
- A strong commitment to safety including sound knowledge of the Safety Manual Electricity Industry (SMEI) and Safe Practices for Low Voltage Electrical Work
- Powerco competencies held will be treated in high regard, however training provided to reach this standard
- A commitment to producing a quality job every time and taking pride in your results.
You’ll also be a strong communicator and a positive team member also able to work alone. You’ll hold Health & Safety in the highest regard.
What's on offer?
Contributing to our larger team you’ll be proud to showcase your skills maintaining critical infrastructure for our communities, as well as impacting business success.
The potential for growth within in Downer is massive. Your current skills will be highly valued and we encourage continued learning and offer further training to meet the competencies required by our clients. Downer Line Mechanics are highly regarded and regularly recognised at industry awards and competitions – you’ll be working with the best!
Click apply now to register your interest in a future career with Downer.
Check out www.downergroup.co.nz to see what we do.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Back to search results