Job ID: 542597
Job type: Full time
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines), Project Management, Construction, Water
Who we are
Downer is a diversified engineering and services business. With over 19,000 employees we build strong relationships of trust with our customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions.
Our Infrastructure Services division operates three business units: Road Services; Infrastructure Projects and Utilities. As we continue our evolution of growth and innovation, the best people are critical to our success in supporting our customers and catering to market demands.
Downer has been awarded long term contracts by government owned water companies to maintain, construct and reinstate water and sewerage pipelines for the inner city suburbs and metropolitan areas of Melbourne.
With ongoing work and potential of further projects coming on line, Downer is seeking to recruit a Project Engineer to assist construction works for this critical part of the city’s infrastructure. The constructions work will predominately be based within the inner city and metropolitan areas of Melbourne and the Water Pipelines team is based at Campbellfield depot.
The main responsibilities of the role would be to interface between the construction and design team providing project support, estimating jobs, tendering, managing contracts and permits, coordinating crews, planning and solving problems.
- Tertiary degree in Engineering
- Min 3 years’ Project Engineering experience in water infrastructure/pipelines
- Experience in Tendering, estimating and budgets
- Be able to maintain a high quality client satisfaction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge in work planning, financial analysis skills preferred
- Must be results driven and have ability to build relationships and networks
- Must be able work in accordance with Downer’s values and demonstrate commitment, active involvement and leadership regarding zero harm, client, people and financial accountabilities
WHAT WE OFFER
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company.
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
- A supportive and dynamic team environment.
- A workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate, and the environment.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply button.
For more information about the role, please contact: Sanjay Kumar – Talent & Sourcing Business Partner
E: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please note that applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement).
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Standard Time