Stabilisation Crew Member
Job ID: 542643
Job type: Full time
Categories: Trades, Maintenance
Who we are
Downer is a diversified engineering and services business. With over 19,000 employees we build strong relationships of trust with our customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions.
Downer's Road Services business is one of the largest non-government owned road services businesses in Australia. We operate from a network of over 50 depots and maintain more than 40,000 km of road. Our Business is involved in many exciting ventures within the civil road industry throughout the country.
An excellent full-time opportunity is currently available for a Stabilising Operator working with our Roads Stabilisation and Maintenance team in Dandenong, Victoria. The successful applicant will be keen to learn, with a strong work ethic and a high regard for safety.
With work in metro and regional environments the successful applicant will spend approximately 40% of the time working locally and 60% living away for periods of anywhere up to three weeks at a time or as required.
- Current HC License (HR Minimum).
- Current General Construction Induction card
- Demonstrated experience in the operation of a Road Ranger Gear Box
- Basic mathematical skills in order to calculate areas and spread rates
- Self-starter with a proven ability to work to levels
- An enthusiastic attitude and keen to learn
- A strong ‘team player’ with the proven ability to work efficiently with others.
- A strong commitment to a Zero Harm culture.
- The ability to work away for long periods of time
WHAT WE OFFER
- Highly supportive, team orientated organisation.
- A strong commitment to maintaining a Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors.
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support.
- A long-term career opportunity working with an ASX Listed Company.
Please ensure you attach copies of your Resume, Licences, Trade Papers/tickets and proof of eligibility to work in Australia i.e. passport/birth certificate to your online application.
As an employer who embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity, we encourage men and women of all ages and backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians, to apply.
Apply now by clicking on the "Apply" button or for further information contact Melissa Edwards on 03 8645 0909
We respectfully ask for no agency approaches.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Standard Time