Mining Engineer - Blackwater
Job ID: 542666
Job type: Full time
Categories: Civil Engineering, Engineering (All disciplines)
Who we are
Downer is a diversified engineering and services business. With over 19,000 employees we build strong relationships of trust with our customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions.
Our Mining division is Australia’s leading diversified mining contractor. As part of this team you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to provide safe, ethical and environmentally conscious outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Downer Mining is currently seeking an experienced and motivated Mining Engineer to join our expanding Blackwater Operation. With your demonstrable commitment to safety, extensive background in mining operations, and experience in a similar role you will be an attractive candidate.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL
- Develop daily, weekly and monthly mine plans for truck and shovel operations
- Work with the supervisors and operations superintendents to execute your plans;
- Be part of a tight knit team with opportunities for further development.
- Degree qualification in Mining/Civil Engineering or Surveying.
- Extensive experience in a mining engineering role with a focus on pre-strip/truck and shovel operations
- Drill & Blast experience highly regarded
- Experience in Vulcan mine planning software is essential
- Experience with Deswik or Spry will be highly regarded
- Willingness to own your area and drive the outcomes
- Ability to engage with people and communicate effectively.
IN RETURN WE OFFER
- Permanent position
- 5/2 Roster (Monday – Friday)
- Camp accommodation or various housing allowances available
- Career progression opportunities through a number of training and mentoring programs
- Numerous financial, lifestyle, health & wellbeing benefits including salary sacrifice options, novated leasing, discounts and support programs
- An opportunity to join a diverse and inclusive leading edge business
- Great systems, procedures, equipment and people
For further information or a confidential discussion, please contact Belinda Black on 07 3026 6709.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please click the 'Apply' button.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: E. Australia Standard Time