Payroll Systems Analyst - Downer
About the Role
Downer is looking to recruit a Payroll Systems Analyst to join our Business Service Centre. The Payroll Systems Officer provides configuration and support of the Oracle Payroll systems as they relate to Downer Payroll activities. The role is also responsible for ensuring the payrolls meet stringent Segregation of Duties controls and to provide monitoring of KPIs in relation to SOD activities.
This role will require proven experience using Oracle V12 (and above). Experience in Systems Administration of a HRMS application and financial reporting background will be highly regarded.
Downer is a top 100 ASX listed company. You will be an integral part of the team looking after the payroll of one of the largest employers in Australia. This is a great opportunity to cement yourself in a leading company with a wide range of career advancement opportunities and working for a manager who offers clear progression paths, opportunities for professional development and market leading solutions.
- Ensures the integrity of data and system security.
- Responsibility for documenting detailed specifications and checking requests for new code configuration.
- Facilitates system security process from a user perspective
- Liaison with payroll personnel with a view to ensuring that customer needs are facilitated
- Management and facilitation of internal training with the payroll teams and client with a view to achieving maximum utilisation of the Oracle V12 and Express HR systems.
- Co-ordination of project activities as they relate to Human Resource and Payroll systems initiatives.
- Modifies and/or develops reporting within the relevant HRMS.
- Conducts analysis, problem solving and testing as appropriate/required for effective payroll delivery.
- Provides support to the payroll team on software functionality including problem analysis, problem solving and testing.
- Interrogates the HRMS database and develops/maintains reports to provide accurate information in accordance with client reporting requirements.
- Actively manages service delivery in line with Quality and Schedule expectations within agreed SLAs.
- Liaises with key internal and customer stakeholders including providing status reports.
- Ensure HRMS system requests are managed and escalated appropriately finding the best solution for the payroll team.
- Responsible for EOFY processing with the payroll team as directed.
- Apply LEAN process design to work principles.
- Experience in Systems Administration of a HRMS application and Financial reporting background such as General Ledger reconciliation and journaling highly desirable but not essential
Other Systems Support:
- Setup of Enterprise Agreements and testing of applicable data, provide support to the payroll team and meet agreed timeframes in SLA
- Identify quality weaknesses in the full end-to-end payroll process performed by the BSC payroll team including active involvement with Quality Assurance checking and segregation of duties activities in the Service Centre. This could include vetting of Payroll Checklists for Internal and External audit requirements as applicable to the required Service Level.
- Participates in project work as a result of new system development/functionality or as directed by the BSC management pertaining to management of the center’s HRMS systems including Self Service.
- Participates in requirements gathering workshops/exercises and prepares detailed BSC documentation
- Participates in analysis of customer business requirements in conjunction with Application Support and Team Leaders and assists with the development of design documentation detailing proposed solutions as required
- Prepares test plans and conducts testing of the relevant HRM
- Involvement with System Upgrades and other small projects as directed by management.
In return we offer
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm.
- An opportunity to make an impact with a growing and forward thinking company.
- The opportunity to further develop your skills and professional development.
- Competitive remuneration package based on experience.
To apply, please click on "Apply" below and submit your resume. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies. Please do not submit any resumes or associated profiles to the Downer careers portal or to any Downer employees. Downer will not pay any placement fees relating to unsolicited resume referrals.
Back to search results