Job ID: 542709
Job type: Contract - Fixed Term
Location: Kingaroy, South Burnett
Categories: Procurement/Supply Chain
Who we are
Downer is a diversified engineering and services business. With over 19,000 employees we build strong relationships of trust with our customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions.
Our Mining division is Australia’s leading diversified mining contractor. As part of this team you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to provide safe, ethical and environmentally conscious outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Downer Mining has a long term contract with Stanwell Corporation to provide total mining services at Meandu Mine. The mine supplies coal to the adjacent Tarong Power Station and is a residential mine located 25 kilometres south-east of Kingaroy, with the majority of its workforce being employed from the local community.
We are currently seeking Business Analyst to add value to the project. Reporting to the Technical Resources Manager, the Business Analyst role is multifaceted and will include duties such as:
- Ensuring compliance with all company policies, standards and procedures;
- Working with team members to ensure that safety, business and production targets are achieved across the operation.
- Monitoring OT (Operational Technology) Systems for the business and proactively identifying areas for improved efficiency or reduced cost
- Working with 3rd parties to undertake minor and major enhancements to address new business requirements
- Engaging and building relationships with stakeholders from internal and external groups to produce aligned visualisation of business processes and intended functionality
- Producing recommendations related to proposed solutions
- Writing reports, memorandums and business cases to gain support for proposed improvement and change initiatives.
You will have the opportunity to collaborate with some of the best talent in the industry to create innovative high quality solutions to deliver best-for-project outcomes. You will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. In this role you will be given the opportunity to make a tangible contribution to the continued innovation and success of the company.
- Experienced in supporting Mining Production, Mine Planning, Maintenance, Quality, and Health & Safety applications
- Extensive relevant experience in Mining Operations or Mining Supply Chain
- Strong interpersonal communication to negotiate, establish and maintain networks and working relationships with team members, clients and stakeholders
- Solid business and financial modelling skills that allow a current process to be analysed coupled with the ability to put recommendations together to improve process efficiency and quality
- Tertiary qualification in IT / Computer Science or related discipline; or Tertiary qualification in Finance or related discipline
- Strong skills in in Microsoft Excel and Exposure to modern visualisation tools – Power BI, Dundas or Tableau
- Strong report/business writing skills
- Positive and team-focused
- Strongly committed to safety, the environment and our community;
- A techno-functional consultant having strong technical background in Fleet Management Systems
WHAT WE OFFER
- A Residential position on a 5/2 roster, located in the South Burnett/ Kingaroy region
- A 12 months fixed term role with numerous employee benefits and lifestyle options
- The chance to join a dynamic and successful business within the Downer group
- A diverse and supportive work environment where individuals are encouraged to succeed
- An opportunity to drive positive change.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: E. Australia Standard Time