Production Operators - Electric Dump Trucks
Job ID: 542862
Job type: Full time
Location: Roy Hill
Who we are
Downer is a diversified engineering and services business. With over 19,000 employees we build strong relationships of trust with our customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions.
Our Mining division is Australia’s leading diversified mining contractor. As part of this team you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to provide safe, ethical and environmentally conscious outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Downer EDI Mining continues to strive forward on the $500 million mining services contract for the Roy Hill Iron Ore Project. The contract is for the provision of supplementary mining services to the Roy Hill Iron Ore mine for a period of four and a half years which includes the following:
- Drill & Blast
- Load & Haul of Overburden and Ore
Downer EDI Mining commenced infrastructure construction in early 2014, and is now moving forward into full-scale mining.
Reporting to the Production Superintendent, as a key member of a high performing team you will play an integral role in implementing the client's project requirements. You will perform safe and effective production outcomes and continuous improvement principles pertaining to surface excavation, whilst operating mobile plant equipment.
We are currently seeking experienced Production Operators at the Roy Hill Iron Ore project located in the East Pilbara Region of WA to operate Komatsu 830e & 930e and MT4400 Trucks.
This is a Fly in Fly out role ex Perth, with a highly appealing 2/1 roster offering a healthy work/life balance and includes excellent on site living facilities.
- Experience in operating the above listed equipment within an open cut mining environment is essential.
- High levels of initiative and the ability to work well under pressure
- Effective communication skills
- Safety focus with a high attention to detail to abide by site safety processes
IN RETURN WE OFFER
- Competitive hourly rate
- Numerous financial, lifestyle, health and wellbeing benefits including salary sacrifice options, novated leasing, discounts and support programs
- An overriding commitment to Zero Harm
- Supportive work environment and career progression opportunities
- An opportunity to join a diverse and inclusive leading edge business
- Great systems, procedures, equipment and people
The new accommodation village will offer modern ensuited rooms with flat screen TV's, Foxtel, internet and a quality meals service. Resort style facilities include a swimming pool, gymnasium, beach volleyball and basketball courts.
This is a permanent employment opportunity for an individual with passion and drive to contribute to the ongoing development of Downer EDI Mining.
To be considered for this role please click on the apply link below or visit www.downercareers.com For issues applying online, contact Nathan on 6212-9506.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Standard Time