Spray Seal Supervisor
Job ID: 543364
Job type: Full time
Categories: Construction, Operations/Production
Who we are
Downer is a diversified engineering and services business. With over 19,000 employees we build strong relationships of trust with our customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions.
Based in Darwin
ASX Listed Organisation
Career Progression Opportunities
Downer's Road Services business unit is one of the largest non-government owned road services businesses in Australia. We operate from a network of over 50 depots and maintain more than 40,000 km of road. Our Business is involved in many exciting ventures within the civil road industry throughout the country.
An opportunity has become available for a Spray Seal Supervisor to join our team in Darwin. This role is responsible for the management and delivery of projects, and planned works of varying sizes.
Reporting into the Contracting Manager, you will be accountable to lead and coordinate a crew, whilst managing the plant, suppliers and resources in order to complete works on time, on budget and achieve Downer's Zero Harm.
- Previous experience with Spray/Chip Seal
- Effective supervision of personnel, plant, machinery and subcontractors on site
- Exposure in civil road construction, road maintenance and surfacing would be ideal
- Demonstrated success in managing performance in order to meet and exceed agreed targets
- Successful track record with planning, organising and time management
- Proven ability to drive accountability throughout the workforce, including the implementation of robust processes
- Ability to demonstrate self-motivation and initiative
- Demonstrated ability with building relationships with key stakeholders
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Good understanding of the relevant Occupational Health and Safety regulations and legislative requirements as applied to the road Industry
- Actively participate and support Zero Harm initiatives and strategies
WHAT WE OFFER
- Highly supportive, team orientated organisation
- A strong commitment to Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- A long-term career opportunity for working with an ASX listed company
Apply for this great opportunity by clicking 'apply' below. For further information please call Paul Dossis – Senior Talent & Sourcing Business Partner on 0417 076 352. Quoting Job Reference #543346
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Central Standard Time