QC Coordinator - Ross River Solar Farm
Job ID: 543455
Job type: Contract - Fixed Term
Categories: Construction, Quality
Who we are
Downer is a diversified engineering and services business. With over 19,000 employees we build strong relationships of trust with our customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions.
Due to recent project wins our Utilities business is seeking to engage an experienced Quality Control Coordinator based initially in our Brisbane Office prior to mobilisation to site on a FIFO / DIDO roster. Working on The Ross River Solar Farm Project you will play a key role within the construction team ensuring the delivery of a successful project meeting environmental legislative, client and Downer’s requirements.
About the role:
Reporting to the Quality Manager, duties of the role will include:
- Coordinate quality operations as instructed by the QA/QC Manager
- Monitoring the site execution of the Downer’s Quality Management System and plans
- Reporting to the QA/QC Manager of all aspects pertaining to legislative and contractual quality requirements
- Offer advice and support to all site personnel on quality matters
- Provide reporting on the quality of works performed
- Ensure that the Project Quality system meets the requirements of the ISO 9001 System and internal Downer requirements
- Maintain the relevant standards applicable on the project in coordination with engineering and technical team members
- Assist in maintaining project file structure
- Liaise with project document Control where appropriate
- Assist with the collation of the project record (MDR)
- Assist in maintaining records of project quality reviews
- Liaise as necessary with supplier/subcontractor quality representatives
- Assist in identifying & implementing continuous improvement opportunities
- Assist in the ongoing development of the Quality management system including zero harm initiatives
- Assist Line Management in quality incident investigation
- Assist in the review of management system implementation through audit programs
- Work with all employees and contractors to ensure quality outcomes for the project
- Tertiary qualification in Quality, Engineering or Business Admin or studying towards or equivalent demonstrable hands on experience
- Understanding basic knowledge of Quality – ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems
- 5+ years’ experience in Project/Construction Quality Control
- A firm grasp of technical documentation and internal/external auditing
- Knowledge of MS Office software applications
- Knowledge of power projects and/or civil projects highly desirable
- Knowledge of ITPs, O&Ms, NCR/CARs etc
- Proven capacity to provide effective, QA coordination to a commercial organization.
- Sound analytical and interpretative skills
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure and under general supervision
- Flexibility and confidence and the ability to work well with site personnel as well as with technical and professional employees.
- Ability to communicate to all levels of the business, both verbally and written
- Interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work as a member of a team
- An ability to work flexibly and adaptively in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders
- Current Driver’s Licence
WHAT WE OFFER
- The unique opportunity to work in an organisation where the safety of our people and the environment is at the forefront of all that we do
- An opportunity to work on large scale Power and Water Infrastructure and Renewable Energy projects
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company.
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
- A supportive and dynamic team
- Great range of benefits for our employees
For your application to be considered please attach a cover letter outlining your motivation and what you can bring to the team along with an updated resume.
For more information contact: Thibaut Torche by email at email@example.com or on 07 3249 0724
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: E. Australia Standard Time