Otraco - Site Supervisor - Goonyella
Job ID: 543645
Job type: Full time
Categories: Management, Maintenance
Who we are
Downer is a diversified engineering and services business. With over 19,000 employees we build strong relationships of trust with our customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions.
Our Mining division is Australia’s leading diversified mining contractor. As part of this team you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to provide safe, ethical and environmentally conscious outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Otraco is the world's leading provider of Earthmover/Off-road tyre management services to the mining industry. Our world-class credentials are based on a proven ability to reduce the cost of earthmover tyre operation for major open pit miners while maximising production and enhancing safety. Entirely independent of any tyre manufacturer or supplier, Otraco has continued to set new benchmarks in tyre performance – delivering dramatic savings with uncompromising standards of quality, safety and professionalism.
Due to continued growth, Otraco International are currently recruiting a Site Supervisor to be based at Goonyella Riverside Mine where you will be required to support our project and associated objectives at this site. As this role is a residential position you must base yourself in the Moranbah area as the roster consists of 5 days on 2 days off.
You will provide a high level of continuous service on site by managing the administration of the workshop, office, stock and personnel. Your previous supervisory experience will also have you as lead client liaison, all the while ensuring compliance with the Otraco Management System and the ensuring the contracted scope of work is performed and maintained to a high standard.
- Significant experience in fitting heavy earthmoving tyres
- Proven supervisory skills (at least 2 years in similar role) including client management and ability to compile reports
- Essential - RII20215 Cert II in Heavy Duty Tyre Fitting with RIISAM210A & RIISAM211B or equivalent
- Supervisor Competencies - S1, 2 & 3 & G2
- Senior First Aid Certificate
- Mentor and train personnel by fostering a culture of continual learning and improvement
- Lead by example to ensure all personnel comply with Otraco Management System (OMS) policies, procedures, instructions and Golden Rules
- Prioritise and direct personnel to perform tyre fitting and workshop maintenance tasks in the most efficient, safe and cost effective manner
- Maintain a safe and efficient workforce by providing constructive and positive feedback as well as provide initiatives for increased safety and performance
- Demonstrate a high level of supervision to ensure all safety systems are present
- Actively promote a safety culture across site operations that targets zero harm to personnel and the environment
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Attractive rates and conditions
- Family friendly roster
- Safe working environment
- Access to training and development opportunities
This is a unique opportunity to become part of our world class organisation and to move forward in tyre management services for the mining industry.
To apply online, please click on the link below. For more information please Tiffany Archibald at email@example.com or Susie Cooper at firstname.lastname@example.org .
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: E. Australia Standard Time