EOI - Senior Structural Engineer
Job ID: 543658
Job type: Full time
Location: Sydney, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Adelaide, Melbourne, Perth
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines)
Who we are
Downer is a diversified engineering and services business. With over 19,000 employees we build strong relationships of trust with our customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions.
Downer’s Engineering, Construction & Maintenance division supports our customers through the asset life cycle, from initial feasibility and design through to construction, commissioning, operation, ongoing asset management and decommissioning.
Mineral Technologies is a division of Downer providing the delivery of innovative Mineral Processing solutions including Iron Ore, Mineral Sands, Silica Sands, Coal, Chromite, Gold, Tin, Tungsten and Tantalum worldwide. We supply a wide range of services and equipment across all stages of the project lifecycle from metallurgical testing and process design, plant design, equipment supply, through to turn-key plant delivery. Our specific expertise lies in providing gravity, magnetic and electrostatic solutions.
With the recent award of two major international projects and the recent announcement of Mineral Technologies being selected as the successful tenderer for the El Burullus project, Mineral Technologies is at the forefront of providing cutting edge solutions in mineral processing globally.
As such, we are seeking Expressions of Interest for various roles including Senior Structural Engineers to join our collaborative and innovative engineering team working across multiple international projects. In this role you will have the opportunity to be involved in multi-disciplined global projects developing first grade mining designs for mineral processing plant and equipment.
To find out more about our diverse Projects and success stories, please take a look at our website www.mineraltechnologies.com
The Senior Structural Engineering roles will provide a key function in our strategy and will be involved in:-
- Delivering Structural designs for large scale projects and ensuring effective recommendations are provided to the business
- Encouraging a culture of continuous improvement , focusing on economic value to the company and our Clients
- Providing technical leadership to a team of Engineers whilst taking ownership of the delivery of designs
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to execute complex concept plans in accordance with project times and budgets
- Interacting with suppliers to obtain bids and perform technical evaluations to develop work packages including performing technical evaluations of tenders
- Extensive experience in Structural Engineering with a minimum of 3 years within the mining / metals / minerals processing industry
- The ability to manage budgets and schedules allocated to your project and your team
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Experience preparing technical engineering documentation as part of overall project deliverables
- Fostering an open, friendly and collaborative team culture
- Awareness of safety systems, legislation codes and contractual documentation
- The opportunity to work within an energetic, highly skilled team, with a focus on producing smart designs
- The ability to work with a diverse range of disciplines, taking on new and exciting global challenges
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm, making safety a core part of everything we do
- We provide truly flexible working conditions incorporating part time/casual and job share opportunities throughout various office locations
To express your interest please click the apply now button
For more information contact: Stacie Turner E: Stacie.firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: E. Australia Standard Time