EOI - Senior Designer
Job ID: 543661
Job type: Full time
Location: Sydney, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Adelaide, Melbourne, Perth
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines), Design, Architecture and Urban Planning
Who we are
Downer is a diversified engineering and services business. With over 19,000 employees we build strong relationships of trust with our customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions.
Downer’s Engineering, Construction & Maintenance division supports our customers through the asset life cycle, from initial feasibility and design through to construction, commissioning, operation, ongoing asset management and decommissioning.
Mineral Technologies is a division of Downer providing the delivery of innovative Mineral Processing solutions including Iron Ore, Mineral Sands, Silica Sands, Coal, Chromite, Gold, Tin, Tungsten and Tantalum worldwide. We supply a wide range of services and equipment across all stages of the project lifecycle from metallurgical testing and process design, plant design, equipment supply, through to turn-key plant delivery. Our specific expertise lies in providing gravity, magnetic and electrostatic solutions.
With the recent award of two major international projects and the recent announcement of Mineral Technologies being selected as the successful tenderer for the El Burullus project, Mineral Technologies is at the forefront of providing cutting edge solutions in mineral processing globally.
As such, we are seeking Expressions of Interest for various roles including Senior Designers – SMP or E&I to join our collaborative and innovative engineering team working across multiple international projects. In this role you will have the opportunity to be involved in multi-disciplined global projects developing first grade mining designs for mineral processing plant and equipment.
To find out more about our diverse Projects and success stories, please take a look at our website www.mineraltechnologies.com
The Senior Designer roles will provide a key function in our strategy and will see successful applicants involved in:-
- Developing design drawings and 3D models from basic engineering data, ensuring interface areas are accurately maintained and communicated.
- Create and collaborate design drawings to specific modifications and track progress to schedule
- Create innovative solutions while working within an design environment
- Support the development of cost estimates by developing MTO’s for structural, mechanical and piping terms
- Extensive experience as a Designer (8+ years) in structural, mechanical and piping disciplines
- Preferable experience in an engineering design environment
- Technical aptitude, analytical and problem solving skills
- Sound knowledge of 3D design software and data in Auto CAD
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, along with an open and collaborative attitude
- Awareness with safety systems, legislation codes and contractual documentation
- The opportunity to work within an energetic, highly skilled team, with a focus on producing logical smart designs through innovation and collaboration
- The ability to work on a diverse range of designs, taking on new and exciting global challenges
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm, making safety a core part of everything we do
- We provide truly flexible working conditions incorporating part time/casual and job share opportunities throughout various office locations
To provide an EOI for this exciting opportunity please click the apply now button
For more information contact: Stacie Turner E: Stacie.firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: E. Australia Standard Time