Mechanical Engineers - Expressions of Interest
Job ID: 543662
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Newcastle, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Adelaide, Perth
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines)
Who we are
Downer is a diversified engineering and services business. With over 19,000 employees we build strong relationships of trust with our customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions.
Downer’s Engineering, Construction & Maintenance division supports our customers through the asset life cycle, from initial feasibility and design through to construction, commissioning, operation, ongoing asset management and decommissioning.
Downer Engineering & Technology (E&T) delivers a range of innovative technologies and technical services to our clients in the resources, infrastructure and defence sectors. Across our five business streams, Downer E&T offers comprehensive in-house engineering capability including civil, structural, chemical, mechanical and electrical expertise.
Downer E&T is now the final contractor in the tender-award process for several major national and international projects within the resources sector. As such, we are inviting Expressions of Interest from Mechanical Engineers of all experience levels in anticipation of an early 2018 commencement date.
Working within a collaborative and dynamic environment, you will have the opportunity to be involved in multi-disciplined global projects developing first grade mining designs for mineral processing plant and equipment. Due to Downer’s national reach, we are able to offer positions based in Brisbane, Gold Coast, Newcastle, Adelaide and Perth.
As a Downer Mechanical Engineer, you will be involved in:
- Developing designs and calculations for mechanical plant and equipment
- Collaborating with our teams to develop design, build and execute for our major projects
- Preparing technical engineering documents as part of overall project engineering deliverables
- Interacting with suppliers to obtain bids and perform technical evaluations to develop work packages for equipment including performing technical evaluations of tenders
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (B.Eng Mech)
- Experience in mineral processing and/or design of processing equipment and facilities will be highly regarded
- Solid technical aptitude, analytical and problem solving skills
- Exposure to, and the ability to perform calculations for design of mechanical elements
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, along with an open and collaborative attitude
- Awareness with safety systems, legislation codes and contractual documentation
WHAT WE OFFER
- The opportunity to work within an energetic, highly skilled team, with a focus on producing logical smart designs through innovation and collaboration
- The ability to work on a diverse range of designs, taking on new and exciting global challenges
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm, making safety a core part of everything we do
- We provide truly flexible working conditions incorporating part time/casual and job share opportunities throughout various office locations
HOW TO APPLY
To express your interest please click the apply now button.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: E. Australia Standard Time