HSE Field Advisor (Utilita)
Job ID: 543945
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Health Safety & Environment
Who we are
Downer is a diversified engineering and services business. With over 19,000 employees we build strong relationships of trust with our customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions.
Valuing delivery, accountability, and innovation, Utilita, a joint venture between Downer Utilities and Broadspectrum, delivers planned, corrective and responsive maintenance services for Queensland Urban Utilities. With operating depots in Brisbane and Ipswich, Utilita maintains QUU's diverse range of assets (including but not limited to; reservoirs, treatment plants, water mains, pump stations, Cathodic protection, buildings and facilities) that service 1.4 Million customers in the Brisbane, Ipswich, Somerset, Lockyer Valley and Scenic Rim council areas.
About the role:
Based in Ipswich and reporting directly to the Program Delivery Manager, the Field HSE Advisor will partner with Utilita and key stakeholders, providing leadership, advice and support for compliance and operational excellence in health, safety and environmental matters. Key responsibilities include;
- Promote an organisational culture that empowers all personnel to be involved in HSE matters and to pro-actively take action to reduce risk and to protect people and the environment
- Support the HSE Manager or Principle Advisor HSE as required and participate and contribute to the HSE Team
- Partner with project/contract staff to deliver HSE excellence in their operations
- Promote Company values and facilitate their incorporation into the development, management and performance of the project/contract portfolios
- Build relationships and liaise with relevant client and regulatory authority personnel
- Liaise with relevant client HSE personnel to ensure, where possible, consistency of site systems and to gain the benefit of any available synergies for HSE improvement
- Participate as required to contribute to annual plan development
- Partner the delivery of HSE performance targets and objectives in their contracts and projects
- Tertiary qualification in Occupational Health and Safety or a related discipline
- Demonstrated management and organisational skills
- Demonstrated experience in collaborative and consultative processes at a professional level
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work as a member of a team
- Demonstrated written communication and IT skills
- An ability to work flexibly and adaptively in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders
- Current Driver’s Licence.
In return we offer:
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm
- An opportunity to make an impact with a growing and forward thinking company
- The opportunity to further develop your skills and professional development
Send your application for this great opportunity by clicking 'Apply' below.
For further information about the role, please contact Sanjay Kumar - Talent & Sourcing Business Partner email: email@example.com
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: E. Australia Standard Time