Job ID: 544157
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Brisbane, Woolloongabba
Categories: Management, Telecommunications
Who we are
Downer is a diversified engineering and services business. With over 19,000 employees we build strong relationships of trust with our customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions.
Our Infrastructure Services division operates three business units: Road Services; Infrastructure Projects and Utilities. As we continue our evolution of growth and innovation, the best people are critical to our success in supporting our customers and catering to market demands.
Downer will be responsible over the next several years for construction of the Hybrid Fibre Coaxial (HFC) network including Single Dwelling Units (SDU) drops, Multi Dwelling Units (MDU) builds and network extensions and augmentation. All works are to the customer’s Premises Connection Device (PCD) or Intermediate Connection Device (ICD) to allow customers to connect to the NBN.
Due to business growth and forecasted works we are currently seeking a Construction Manager for our HFC project in Brisbane. This roles primarily focus will be ensuring the project is delivered on time, within budget and to the required quality in accordance with Downer’s values, policies and procedures. Your role will also be integral in developing collaborative client relationships whilst also engaging in leadership and coaching of your team to drive performance. A key focus will be implementing improvement initiatives to deliver the projects objectives of zero harm, excellence in performance, innovation and cost optimisation.
- Demonstrable and successful project/construction/operations management experience/capability in a similar environment at a similar level
- Proven ability to manage contract performance and implement effective mitigation strategies to prevent unforeseen margin adjustment
- Proven leadership skills, coaching and mentoring teams to drive success
- Proven operational management skills such as financial, business acumen and reporting
- Solid technical understanding of the telecommunications markets and Telstra network (preferably NBN)
In return we offer:
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm
- An opportunity to make an impact with a growing and forward thinking company
- The opportunity to further develop your skills and professional development
Apply for this great opportunity by clicking 'apply' below. For confidential enquiries please contact Lauren Karan - Talent & Sourcing Business Partner on firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: E. Australia Standard Time