Job ID: 544160
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Brisbane, Woolloongabba
Who we are
Downer is a diversified engineering and services business. With over 19,000 employees we build strong relationships of trust with our customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions.
Our Infrastructure Services division operates three business units: Road Services; Infrastructure Projects and Utilities. As we continue our evolution of growth and innovation, the best people are critical to our success in supporting our customers and catering to market demands.
Downer is a key supplier to the National Broad Band (NBN) telecommunication project across Australia. Under this multi-million dollar NBN Project, Downer will be responsible over the next several years for construction of the Hybrid Fibre Coaxial (HFC) network including Single Dwelling Units (SDU) drops, Multi Dwelling Units (MDU) builds and network extensions and augmentation. All works are to the customer’s Premises Connection Device (PCD) or Intermediate Connection Device (ICD).
We are looking for experienced HFC Technicians to join our growing team in our Brisbane office. As a HFC Technician you will be responsible for the installation and maintenance of the HFC telecommunications network system.
- Identifying problems and fixing faults within the HFC network
- Providing assistance with installations, maintenance and general repairs
- Conducting pre-construction walk outs of the designs
- Conducting HFC testing activities as required
- Assisting with identifying outages within the network, inclusive of outage support
- Position will require working at heights and pit work
- Experience within the Hybrid Fibre Coaxial Network of at least two years
- Elevated work platform ticket (EWP)
- Current and valid driver’s licence
WHAT WE OFFER
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm
- An opportunity to make an impact with a growing and forward thinking company
- The opportunity to further develop your skills and professional development
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply button.
For more information please contact: Lauren Karan - Talent & Sourcing Business Partner
E: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please note that applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement).
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: E. Australia Standard Time