Rod and Rope Technician
Job ID: 544162
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Brisbane, Woolloongabba
Who we are
Downer is a diversified engineering and services business. With over 19,000 employees we build strong relationships of trust with our customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions.
Our Infrastructure Services division operates three business units: Road Services; Infrastructure Projects and Utilities. As we continue our evolution of growth and innovation, the best people are critical to our success in supporting our customers and catering to market demands.
Downer's Telecommunications business is contracted to its client to design and construct Australia's High Speed National Broadband Network (NBN). An opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated Progressive Redline Updates (PRU) Coordinator to join our Telecommunications team in Woolloongabba in support of Downer’s NBN HFC project.
This Rod Rope technician will contribute to the delivery of HFC network by rod and roping, proving ducts, flushing conduit and repairing blockages to meet the HFC project commitments.
- Valid Driver's Licence and reliable transport
- White Card
- Certificate in Telecommunications Engineering desirable
- Rod and roping experience.
- The ability to read construction plans.
- Vacuum excavator experience.
- Cable types, uses, recognition, pair colour coding.
- Experience with plan reading, cable pair and jumpering records.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of of the Telstra Customer Access Network (CAN) and NBN networks
- Adequate understanding of Telstra, NBN networks
- Ability to work without supervision or in a team environment;
- You will be reliable, responsible, motivated and have a strong work ethic;
WHAT WE OFFER
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company.
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
- A supportive and dynamic team environment.
- A workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate, and the environment.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply button.
For more information please contact: Lauren Karan- Talent & Sourcing Business Partner
E: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please note that applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement).
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: E. Australia Standard Time