Job ID: 544168
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Brisbane, Woolloongabba
Categories: Management, Telecommunications
Who we are
Downer is a diversified engineering and services business. With over 19,000 employees we build strong relationships of trust with our customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions.
Our Infrastructure Services division operates three business units: Road Services; Infrastructure Projects and Utilities. As we continue our evolution of growth and innovation, the best people are critical to our success in supporting our customers and catering to market demands.
Downer’s Telecommunications business is contracted to its client to design and construct Australia’s High Speed National Broadband Network (NBN) using various technologies including FTTX. Our current contracts will see us execute varied works including Single Dwelling Units (SDU) drops, Multi Dwelling Units (MDU) builds and network extensions and augmentation. All works are to the customer's Premises Connection Device (PCD) or Intermediate Connection Device (ICD) which allows end users to connect to the NBN. Works may also include Inside Plant ISP exchange work and Inter Exchange Networks IEN.
Reporting to the Construction Manager and based in Woolloongabba, this role will be responsible for the management of regional projects including project plan, programs, budget and forecasts. This position will also manage operational activities to deliver the regions project objectives of excellence in performance, quality, zero harm and cost optimisation. As the Superintendent, you will manage Zero Harm safety culture throughout the delivery of the region’s services, coach employees to drive performance including the development of key talent within region, and develop strong relationships with the client, workforce and suppliers to enhance project performance.
- Proven Subcontractor Management experience.
- Excellent field knowledge in the Fibre Network and End Customer Premises.
- Excellent knowledge of the Telecommunications cabling standards and regulations.
- Project Management tools and systems understanding.
- Confident team leadership behaviours.
- Collaborative communication style with the ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- High level of self-discipline, self-motivation, energy and initiative.
- Negotiation and influencing skills to achieve desired outcomes.
- Developed analytical and planning/prioritisation skills.
- Effectively leads teams to identify and improve processes.
- Customer oriented focus with drive to achieve service-based outcomes.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral, coupled with the ability to present information to a range of audiences and resolve conflict.
WHAT WE OFFER
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company.
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
- A supportive and dynamic team environment.
- A workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate, and the environment.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply button.
For more information please contact: Lauren Karan – Talent & Sourcing Business Partner
E: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please note that applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement).
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: E. Australia Standard Time