Gas Meter Reading Administrator
Job ID: 544187
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Finance & Administration
Who we are
Downer is a diversified engineering and services business. With over 19,000 employees we build strong relationships of trust with our customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions.
Our Infrastructure Services division operates three business units: Road Services; Infrastructure Projects and Utilities. As we continue our evolution of growth and innovation, the best people are critical to our success in supporting our customers and catering to market demands.
A new opportunity has become available within our specialist Gas distribution division which is based at Derrimut. This team is responsible for delivering 24/7 fault and emergency response, planned maintenance activities, systems operation, customer connection activities and cyclic and special meter reading for a gas networks across the West Metro area of Melbourne and across Western Victoria.
You will be responsible for providing administration support to the Gas Meter Reading Operations Manager, Scheduler and Team Leaders for the successful delivery of all Gas Meter Reading operations in a manner which is safe, technically compliant, innovative, timely and cost effective and adds value to our client.
- Qualification in Business Administration (or equivalent on the job experience).
- Demonstrated administration experience gained within a similar environment – preferably construction or utilities.
- Relevant gas and/or electricity distribution industry experience and knowledge of meter reading operations is preferred.
- Accurate processing of high volume documentation.
- Highly developed skills in all forms of communication that enable effective interaction between management, employees, contractors and the ability to foster relationships with customers/clients.
- Ability to support a geographically diverse workforce.
- Willingness to take on new challenges and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Highly developed time management and organisational skills and ability to meet contract milestones.
- Understanding of relevant AS/NZ/ISO standards and AEMO regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to Occupational Health & Safety, Quality Management and Environmental principles.
- Demonstrated leadership that strives towards the commitment to Zero Harm and LEAN principles.
WHAT WE OFFER
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company.
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
- A supportive and dynamic team environment.
- A workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate, and the environment.
For more information please contact: Clarissa Esteller – Senior Talent & Sourcing Business Partner
E: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please note that applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement).
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Daylight Time