Join Downer Utilities, a division of Downer group, successful in securing and delivering a number of exciting large scale Power and Water Infrastructure projects including:
- Transmission and Distribution Substations and power lines;
- Wind Farms;
- Utility Scale Solar Farms (>100MW); and
- Waste Water Treatment Plants.
As part of our National engineering division, Downer is seeking an experienced Cost Controller to be based in our brand new Collins Street office in Melbourne on a full time permanent basis.
Reporting to the GM Engineering, the Cost Controller is accountable for:
- Monthly Cost Reporting for the engineering portfolio
- Support the Design Managers in Forecasting Cost to Compete and Cost at Completion
- Reporting Cost to Date, Earned value and Forecast at Completion
- Analysing variances and trends
- Conducting regular reviews of cost management processes, procedures and controls
- Preparing and reviewing cost planning and forecasting with the Commercial manager
- Ensuring all actual costs, commitments, and accruals are correctly cost coded
- Experience in a similar position (such as Cost Controller or Quantity Surveyor) within an Engineering team or a construction environment
- Experience in being the interface between engineering, estimation, procurement and delivery
- Experience with contract cost accounting system administration
- MS Excel expert skills are critical
- Experienced MS Power Point user
- Knowledge and use of JDE, Pronto, COINS or similar accounts software will be highly regarded
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A very strong attention to detail
- A desire to develop your skills and advance your career
WHAT WE OFFER
- The unique opportunity to work in an organisation where the safety of our people and the environment is at the forefront of all that we do
- An opportunity to work on large scale Power and Water Infrastructure and Renewable Energy projects
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company.
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
- A supportive and dynamic team
- Great range of benefits for our employees
For more information contact: Sanjay Kumar by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07 3249 0131
Back to search results