Job ID: 544319
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Who we are
Downer is a diversified engineering and services business. With over 19,000 employees we build strong relationships of trust with our customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions.
Downer's Road Services business unit is one of the largest non-government owned road services businesses in Australia. We operate from a network of over 50 depots and maintain more than 40,000 km of road. Our Business is involved in many exciting ventures within the civil road industry throughout the country.
We are looking for a Production Manager for a long term career opportunity overseeing the operations in Western Australia. This hands-on role will report to the State Manager and is responsible for the management of all the WA Asphalt facilities including safety, environment, operational, financial, staff and key stakeholder management within those facilities.
We will also consider astute operational candidates who are ready to take the next step in their careers.
Ideally you have demonstrated experience in a role at a similar level together with;
- Extensive exposure in Asphalt production, quarrying, cement manufacture or similar
- Proven ability to develop and implement cost saving initiatives in a Production or Manufacturing environment
- The ability to operate in a busy environment with competing priorities whilst managing a team
- Demonstrated experience managing a budget, with the ability to report on weekly and monthly business KPI's
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures and systems with the ability to identify hazards to ensure a safe working environment for our employees and visitors
- Highly supportive, team orientated organisation
- A strong commitment to Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- A long-term career opportunity for working with an ASX listed company
For more information contact: Helen Kruimel, Talent and Sourcing Business Partner on 0409 072 562
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: W. Australia Standard Time