Senior Planner - Pre Contracts
Job ID: 544634
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: North Ryde
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines), Project Management
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Infrastructure Services division operates four business units: Road Services; Rail; Infrastructure Projects and Utilities. As Downer continues on its evolution of growth and innovation, the best people are critical to our success in supporting our clients and catering to market demands
The role will provide complete pre-contracts planning service at pre-qualification, pre-construction and handover stages.
- Have demonstrated experience in preparing Detailed Integrated Master Programs on complex projects
- Work with the Pre-Contracts/Bid Development team to maintain the Business Pipeline program and attend meetings where necessary
- Manage programs developed for bid delivery if and where required
- Promote the company at pre-qualification, tender and contract interviews, presentations and meetings
- Carry out a continuous programme of research into new and innovative building techniques and advise the National Planning Manager and tender/contract teams of any application showing the possibility of positive benefits
- Be able to demonstrate cost and resource loading, histograms, cash flow models and benchmarking
- Have a disciplined approach to the development of standardised tender programs – Downer Brand
- Have excellent communication, interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with project/bid leads/experts to develop best for bid outcomes and constructability reviews
- Prepare and compile detailed Basis of Schedule documents
- Comply with Downer Standards at all times and/or Building disciplines
- Prepare detailed tender submission narrative documents when required for review
- Experienced in the use of, and preparation of Time Chainage diagrams and software
- 4 D Plans experience a bonus
- Able to develop optimum economic and realistic programming solutions and to effectively communicate these
- Extensive site experience with ideally a construction or engineering qualification
- Excellent proficiency in Primavera 6 and MS Office
- Good working knowledge of Road, Rail and Building Infrastructure
- Excellent communication skills
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that applications will not be accepted via email.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Standard Time