Senior Designer (Structural / Mechanical)
Job ID: 544747
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Canning Vale, Perth
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines)
Who we are
Downer is a diversified engineering and services business. With over 19,000 employees we build strong relationships of trust with our customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions.
Downer’s Engineering, Construction & Maintenance division supports our customers through the asset life cycle, from initial feasibility and design through to construction, commissioning, operation, ongoing asset management and decommissioning.
The Senior Designer will prepare discipline-specific designs and drawings as directed whilst ensuring all works are completed within agreed time and budget limits, in accordance with company and client policies, procedures and standards. The incumbent will be responsible for producing 3D models and design drawings in conjunction with the broader engineering team throughout the entire project lifecycle from concept through to detailed engineering and shop drawings. This is a permanent full-time role based in our Canning Vale (Perth) office with some site travel required in line with project requirements.
- Relevant qualifications (Diploma or Certificate) in Drafting or Computer Aided Design, or similar;
- Significant experience in mechanical, or structural 3D drafting, quality control and drawing register management in the construction, mining or resources industries;
- Proficient in manipulating drawings and data in AutoCAD 2014 2D & 3D (Prosteel or Advanced Steel experience highly regarded);
- Microstation experience highly regarded;
- The ability to liaise with Engineers to establish design criteria and ensure that agreed targets are met in the delivery of drawings for schedule and budget;
- Be flexible to travel to job sites as and when required;
- Demonstrated ability to manage a high quality workload and meet deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy and attention to detail;
- The ability to work in a team environment, maintain solid communication and good working relationships with colleagues and clients;
WHAT WE OFFER
- Career opportunities within a vast and growing company
- Challenging and diverse work environment
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: W. Australia Standard Time