Senior Electrical Engineer
Job ID: 544969
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: North Ryde, Woolloongabba, Melbourne
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines)
Who we are
Downer is a diversified engineering and services business. With over 19,000 employees we build strong relationships of trust with our customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions.
Our Infrastructure Services division operates three business units: Road Services; Infrastructure Projects and Utilities. As we continue our evolution of growth and innovation, the best people are critical to our success in supporting our customers and catering to market demands. Downer Utilities has been successful in securing and delivering a number of exciting large scale Power and Water Infrastructure projects including Transmission and Distribution Substations and power lines, Wind Farms, Utility Scale Solar Farms (>100MW) and Waste Water Treatment Plants.
To optimise on new opportunities Downer is seeking an experienced Senior Electrical Engineer to be based in our Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne office on a full time permanent basis. The responsibility of the Senior Electrical Engineer will be to take a leadership role in preparation of substation, wind farm and solar farm electrical systems design including formulation of plant layouts, schematics, panel layouts, equipment selection, reports and drawings to support the delivery of our projects both individually and as a part of a multi-disciplinary and geographically dispersed engineering team.
- Tertiary qualifications in Electrical Engineering coupled with demonstrated experience in design and construction of large Power Infrastructure projects.
- Experience gained in electrical substation design projects including specific skills in primary and/or secondary systems design.
- Primary systems specific skills including plant layout and spacing, Substation Plant and Equipment rating, Insulation Coordination, Earthing, Lightning Protection, Lighting, AC & DC Maximum Demand, Cable rating, Network Analysis, Electromagnetic Field analysis, Noise and preparation of Plant Specifications.
- Secondary systems specific skills including equipment specification and selection of protection relays, instrument transformers, power system monitoring equipment, online asset condition monitoring equipment, metering systems, inverters, solar tracking systems, fire and security systems, CCTV, etc.
- A demonstrated capacity to identify, manage and mitigate the key design risks in order that they do not adversely impact on the project through its lifecycle.
WHAT WE OFFER
- The unique opportunity to work in an organisation where the safety of our people and the environment is at the forefront of all that we do
- An opportunity to work on large scale Power and Water Infrastructure and Renewable Energy projects
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for these great opportunities, please click on “Apply Now” button. Please include a cover letter and resume and quote reference number 544969. Closing date: 12th March 2018
For more information about this position please contact: Sanjay Kumar– Talent & Sourcing Business Partner on mobile 0418 621 926 or via email email@example.com. (Please note that applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement).
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: E. Australia Standard Time