Primary Electrical Design Drafter
Job ID: 544971
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: North Ryde, Woolloongabba, Melbourne
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines)
Who we are
Downer is a diversified engineering and services business. With over 19,000 employees we build strong relationships of trust with our customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions.
Our Infrastructure Services division operates three business units: Road Services; Infrastructure Projects and Utilities. As we continue our evolution of growth and innovation, the best people are critical to our success in supporting our customers and catering to market demands. Downer Utilities has been successful in securing and delivering a number of exciting large scale Power and Water Infrastructure projects including: Transmission and Distribution Substations and power lines; Wind Farms, Utility Scale Solar Farms (>100MW) and Waste Water Treatment Plants.
To optimise on new opportunities Downer is seeking an experienced Primary Electrical Design Drafter to be based in our Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne office on a full time permanent basis.
The responsibility of the Primary Design Drafter will be to execute primary design primarily for the Powerlink program of works primarily using MicroStation. This will include formulation of substation layouts, HV plant layouts and elevations, HV cable layouts, foundation layouts, conduit and cable trench layouts, earth grid layouts, foundation and structure drawings, HV fittings selection and schedules, reports and drawings to support the delivery of our projects both individually and as a part of a multi-disciplinary and geographically dispersed engineering team.
- Advanced Diploma / Associate Degree of Engineering or relevant Tertiary Qualification or Diploma
- Demonstrated experience within a design/drafting
- Construction Safety Awareness Training Skills & Experience Required
- Proven skills in problem solving and effective communication, the ability to meet established deadlines and have experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience and/or working knowledge of the following software applications: Microstation V8i, AutoCAD, CAD macro development experience and document management systems
WHAT WE OFFER
- The unique opportunity to work in an organisation where the safety of our people and the environment is at the forefront of all that we do
- An opportunity to work on large scale Power and Water Infrastructure and Renewable Energy projects
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for these great opportunities, please click on “Apply Now” button. Please include a cover letter and resume and quote reference number 544971. Closing date: 12th March 2018
For more information about this position please contact: Sanjay Kumar– Talent & Sourcing Business Partner on mobile 0418 621 926 or via email email@example.com. (Please note that applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement).
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: E. Australia Standard Time