Build Project Engineer - Projects North - (Auckland)
Downer NZ’s commercial construction business is experiencing exponential growth as we offer our customers the benefit of our leading edge project management systems, financial strength and relationship focus. With NZ’s strong building opportunity pipeline in sectors such as education, criminal justice, defence, health and local government, our building business is well positioned to continue on this growth trajectory. We need talented, dedicated and experienced building professionals to help us delight our clients and exceed our goals, working on commercial construction and social infrastructure projects under traditional, ECI, Alliance and PPP procurement models.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Engineer with a commercial construction focus to join our busy team. You will add value to an experienced team working across a range of construction projects with values ranging from $1m – $50m including the opportunity to work across sectors including education, transport, industrial and a range of public sector facilities.
As a key part of our construction team your role will involve providing technical assistance on all engineering requirements within the project. You will be assisting the Project Manager with day to day operations, project documentation and assist with commercial matters.
We want to hear from you if you have the following attributes:
- A formal engineering qualification (Degree in Engineering, Bachelor of Construction Management or similar), backed up by solid experience in the vertical build sector
- Experience in controlling and reviewing of design drawings, and management of the shop drawing process
- Excellent organisational skills and demonstrated customer relationship management skills
- Sound project or engineering operations experience, including budget, RFI process, familiar with assisting PM and QS with management of commercial delivery aspects
- Strong delivery skills, management of sub trades, programme and production of reduced three weekly type break downs,
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- A self-starter, highly motivated and goal oriented
- Strong commitment to Health & Safety initiatives
In return we offer:
With a great team culture, responsive management and a fantastic working environment you will be positioned for success. You will have long term career development opportunities, with the projected growth in the vertical build space there is much opportunity to grow expand your career. As with this you will receive all the benefits of working for a large, successful and progressive organisation with a long and well respected track record of delivering some of NZ’s most iconic projects.
To apply for the role (submitting a cover letter and current curriculum vitae), please click "APPLY NOW" in order to be directed to our website. Reference 545197.
The successful applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Back to search results