Job ID: 545297
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Brisbane, South Brisbane
Categories: Health Safety & Environment
Who we are
Downer is a diversified engineering and services business. With over 19,000 employees we build strong relationships of trust with our customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions.
Downer’s Engineering, Construction & Maintenance division supports our customers through the asset life cycle, from initial feasibility and design through to construction, commissioning, operation, ongoing asset management and decommissioning.
To support Downer’s continued growth and operational success, we are currently seeking an Environmental Advisor, to join our team on an upcoming construction project. The role will be based in our Brisbane office until May and FIFO to site in South Australia on a 21/7 roster once the project commences.
The key function for the role is to ensure that all environmental requirements relating to the operation of the project are achieved in a timely manner, and in line with internal Environmental Management System and government statutory requirements. The role will be supported by the Senior Zero Harm Manager and Project team as required.
- Provide environmental guidance and assistance to all areas of site operations
- Educate operations workforce on project environmental obligations
- Manage project clearing operations via Site Disturbance Permit process
- Undertake annual environmental reporting requirements and seek statutory approvals as required
- Liaise with external Regulatory bodies and other key stakeholders
- Site inspection, hazard identification, incident investigation and corrective action
- Terrestrial fauna handling and management
- Assist with environmental rehabilitation works
- Prepare management plans and procedures
- Promote safety policies and systems to company personnel and subcontractors
- Carry out investigations as required on safety and environmental related incidents
- Surface water and groundwater monitoring
The ideal candidate will have:
- Tertiary Degree Qualified in Environmental Science or Environmental Management
- Proven experience in a similar role as an environmental advisor within construction background or similar
- Understanding of safety systems and risk management
- Leadership skills including the ability to manage change, influence, motivate, mediate, negotiate and improve the performance and skill level of all staff
- Ability and willingness to work in remote locations and work autonomously
For any further inquiries, please contact Karman Butterworth on E: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: E. Australia Standard Time