Financial Analyst - Major Projects
Job ID: 545306
Job type: Full Time - Fixed Term
Location: North Ryde
Categories: Finance & Administration
Who we are
Downer is a diversified engineering and services business. With over 19,000 employees we build strong relationships of trust with our customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions.
Downer has over 100 years’ experience delivering total rail asset solutions for its passenger and freight customers. We have an extensive national footprint with approximately 20 sites across Australia.
With ongoing development and investment in the rail sector, Downer Rail will continue to leverage our past and current successes in delivering high quality Rail and Light Rail Rolling Stock delivery and maintenance services in NSW.
This opportunity is to join our Major Projects team in the role of Financial Analyst supporting bids and tenders and the development of high profile project submissions from feasibility to delivery.
In this role you will be responsible for the preparation of budgets and forecasts to support business decisions and overall development throughout the tender process. You will provide analysis and financial modelling around projects, providing strong reporting (adhoc, and monthly) including commentary around feasibility, due diligence, risk and project running costs.
You will have:
- CPA/CA Qualifications, with a proven history in a similar project style environment working ideally with bids and tenders.
- Exposure or previous work history in working with a Big 4 entity or similar
- Advanced computer skills, with expert level Excel and ideally a working knowledge in JDE or COINS
- Strong communication skills with experience in presenting detailed reports and concepts to all levels of the business and associated stakeholders.
- Flexible and agile attitude that with a problem solving mentality, that can understand and apply change whilst keeping the bigger picture in mind.
In return you will work in a unique environment that provides a supporting team culture but also contains drive and ambition to be a part of a team focused on winning outcomes and delivery of the largest rail projects in NSW. You will be offered a competitive remuneration, on an initial pro-rata basis for the project with potential opportunities to develop your career with an ASX listed leader.
To apply hit apply now, or contact Nathan on Nathan.firstname.lastname@example.org to know more (Note: Downer does not accept resumes or submissions via email)
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Daylight Time