Telstra Wideband - Design Coordinator
Job ID: 545378
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Gladesville, Derrimut
Categories: Surveying, Design, Architecture and Urban Planning, Construction, Telecommunications
Who we are
Downer is a diversified engineering and services business. With over 19,000 employees we build strong relationships of trust with our customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions.
Telstra Wideband project
Large company with opportunity for career advancement
As a market leader in infrastructure and engineering services, Downer understands and recognises the contribution employees make to the success of our business. At Downer Australia, we are a national supplier, service provider and project delivery business, supporting our customers in all facets of their project life cycle. If you are adaptable and passionate about delivering excellence, here's your opportunity to be part of something big.
A Design Coordinator is required for the Telstra Wideband team based in Gladesville and will be primarily focused on Quality Assurance of survey output and designs, along with day to day management of designers output in delivering the Telstra Wideband contract for Downer.
Reporting to the Design and Technical Manager, the Design Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
- Ensuring that all survey, design and as-built data is adequate and ultimately constructible and any design and construction learning's are fed back to the surveyors for continues improvement and training
- Ensuring all subcontract design packs are received within the set delivery targets and meet design requirements as per Telstra and Downer guidelines
- Ensuring all as-build data is available to schedule and is of adequate quality and accuracy, and
- Reporting of survey, design and as-built completion numbers to schedule, cost, work in progress blockages
- Excellent knowledge of Outside Plant network infrastructure including copper, fibre and the wideband products
- Excellent knowledge of the telecommunications cabling standards and regulations
- Proven Offshore design subcontractor Management experience
- Proven Quality Assurance experience in a design capacity within the Telecommunications industry highly desirable, however will consider experience in related industries
- Experience in AutoCAD 2010 2D
In return we offer:
A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm
An opportunity to make an impact with a growing and forward thinking company
The opportunity to further develop your skills and professional development
Apply for this great opportunity by clicking 'apply' below. For any urgent enquiries please contact Gordon McGinn - Talent & Sourcing Business Partner on 0407 313653.
"As an employer who embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity, we encourage men and women of all ages and backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians, to apply".
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Standard Time