Owner Operator Telecommunication Technican
An opportunity exists for an Owner Operator to join the Downer team in the Christchurch. You may currently be working in or wanting to return to the telecommunications industry.
This is a great time to join our Copper Maintenance team to undertake copper maintenance. As an Owner Operator you are setting up an operation to supply copper services for Chorus.
You will be working out in the field to rehabilitate the Chorus Copper Network performing tasks including; cable faults, buried cable fault location, pillar and cabinet rehabilitation, jointing cable overlays, organising materials and updating records.
The physical activities may involve cable hauling, digging, driving, backfilling, compacting, and copper cable handling. You will be required to interact with end user customers and a range of different stakeholders. The work itself will involve working on RLG cable terminals in residential neighbourhoods. It may also require working in confined spaces, at heights, and various other technical components.
This opportunity would suit someone with prior Telco experience who has NZQA Telecommunications level 3 certificate or equivalent. You will need to complete Work Type Competencies and have Chorus approval to work on the network
You should have a quality focus and able to communicate effectively with customers.
What's on offer?
- A fantastic business opportunity for those wanting to maintain copper network services
- Work outdoors.
- You can expect ongoing training and support from the organisation.
- A great mix of technical and physical tasks to be involved in.
- Challenging work with an organisation committed to Zero Harm in the workplace.
- Excellent opportunities to enhance your skills and advance your career while running your own business.
- Full Class 1 drivers licence.
- Good communication skills.
- Be comfortable interacting with a wide variety of people and stakeholders.
- You will have good technical expertise.
- Preferred current PTN, NKH, WTC 1, WTC 3 accreditations.
- You will be tech savvy with the ability to solve problems and have sound decision making skills.
- Be comfortable working at heights and in confined spaces.
- Have high energy levels and have great enthusiasm to take on new challenges.
- A willingness to learn and develop your skills.
Downer is a drug and alcohol free company – all persons applying will need to demonstrate they have the systems and processes in place to support this in our workplace environment and will need to successfully complete the Downer Subcontractor Prequalification process as part of the on-boarding procedure.
To express your interest in these opportunities, visit www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference 545448.
To find out more about what we do check us out www.downergroup.co.nz
Please note that the Downer offices are closed for the festive season. We will review applications in the New Year and will communicate with candidates later in January 2018.
We wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Back to search results