Senior Civil Estimator
Job ID: 545551
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Hunter Valley, Newcastle, North Ryde, Sydney, Woolloongabba, Melbourne
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines), Surveying
Who we are
Downer is a diversified engineering and services business. With over 19,000 employees we build strong relationships of trust with our customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions.
Our Infrastructure Services division operates three business units: Road Services; Infrastructure Projects and Utilities. As we continue our evolution of growth and innovation, the best people are critical to our success in supporting our customers and catering to market demands. Downer Utilities has been successful in securing and delivering a number of exciting large scale Power and Water Infrastructure projects including Transmission and Distribution Substations and power lines, Wind Farms, Utility Scale Solar Farms (>100MW), and Waste Water Treatment Plants.
An opportunity has become available for a Senior Civil Estimator to join our Utilities division based in either Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne or Newcastle office in a full-time permanent position. Reporting to the National Estimating Manager, the role will be accountable for managing the delivery of tenders 1st Principle Estimates and to provide expert advice on the evaluation of subcontractor tenders, whilst ensuring that all competitive prices new techniques and cost trends. We're seeking a subject-matter-expert who can demonstrate a high level of initiative and drive, while continuously seeking ways to improve the company's competitive edge.
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering discipline or equivalent knowledge from a Civil/Structural background.
- Demonstrated experience in estimating bulk earthworks, pavements, roads, drainage, retaining walls, large scale concrete pours and foundations.
- Estimating experience from in substations, water/waste water plants, substations, renewable energy assets or mining infrastructure will be highly regarded
- Commercial skills and understanding of financial administration and project costing.
- Experience in researching and understanding complex information to develop and implement tender solution.
- Proficient use of candy estimating software will be an advantage
In return, Downer will offer you:
- Unique opportunities to work for an organisation where the safety of our people and the environment are at the forefront of all that we do.
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company.
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
- A supportive and dynamic team.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for these great opportunities, please click on “Apply Now” button. Please include a cover letter and resume and quote reference number 545551. Closing date: 12th March 2018
For more information about this position please contact: Sanjay Kumar– Talent & Sourcing Business Partner on mobile 0418 621 926 or via email email@example.com. (Please note that applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement).
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Daylight Time