MIMA - Regional Project Support Manager
Job ID: 545790
Job type: Full Time - Fixed Term
Categories: Project Management, Construction, Telecommunications
Who we are
Downer is a diversified engineering and services business. With over 19,000 employees we build strong relationships of trust with our customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions.
Our Infrastructure Services division operates three business units: Road Services; Infrastructure Projects and Utilities. As we continue our evolution of growth and innovation, the best people are critical to our success in supporting our customers and catering to market demands.
Reporting directly to the Regional Manager NSW, our Infrastructure Utilities Communications Division is seeking a Regional Project Support Manager to be based in Newcastle supporting our Network Construction - NSW Project Team for a 12 month fixed-term project. This role is responsible for providing operational support to the project team and lead the program and construction methodology for the region.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Provide Project Management capability to the NSW Project as required and support the development of the wider team.
- Provide active leadership as part of the Network Construction - NSW Project Team.
- Actively identify risks and assist in providing the timely resolution of risks and realisation of opportunities.
- Provide construction methodology and quality control to the overall programme
- Support the Network Construction - Regional Manager NSW
- Lead the NSW Network Construction business in lean process improvement and other performance improvement initiatives.
- Lead/Support, implement and adhere to H&S policies and procedures and provide a zero harm environment.
- Tertiary Qualification in Engineering, Business Management, or post graduate qualifications preferred.
- Demonstrable and successful project/operations management experience / capability in a similar environment with at least 10 years’ experience gained at this level.
- Experience in process development and organisational re-engineering.
- Experience in project start-up and functional cross skilled team leadership.
- Excellent working knowledge of project management principles and project control applications.
- Working knowledge of the Communications market and other sectors that Downer operates in.
- Demonstrated experience working ideally in the Telecommunications industry or largescale projects.
- Sound working knowledge of risk management principles and application of process.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Negotiation and influencing skills to achieve desired outcomes with peers and functional reports.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral - able to present information to a range of audiences and resolve conflict.
- Demonstrated leadership capability with the ability to build, lead, motivate and develop a team.
WHAT WE OFFER
- The unique opportunity to work in an organisation where the safety of our people and the environment is at the forefront of all that we do.
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company.
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
- A supportive and dynamic team.
As an employer who embraces equal opportunity and promotes diversity and inclusion, we encourage men and women of all ages and backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians to apply.
For more information about this position please contact: Kate Prendergast – Talent & Sourcing Business Partner Infrastructure Services email firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO APPLY: To apply for this great opportunity, please click on “Apply Now” button. Please include a cover letter and resume and quote reference number 545790
(Please note that applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application through the on-line portal via the advertisement). SK934934A
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Daylight Time