Asphalt Plant Operative
Job ID: 545887
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Bayswater, Somerton
Categories: Manufacturing, Sciences
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
About the Job
- Based in Bayswater, VIC
- Industry leader
- Develop your long-term career
Downer's Infrastructure Services business is one of the largest non-government owned infrastructure services businesses in Australia. We operate from a network of over 50 depots and maintain more than 40,000 km of roads Australia wide.
We have an opportunity for an Asphalt Plant Operative to make a valuable contribution to our Asphalt Production Team in Bayswater. Ideally you will have experience within a similar role or exposure to a high paced manufacturing environment. However, we will also consider candidates at the beginning of their career who are keen to learn and develop a long-term career within our industry leading business.
Ideally you will have experience in the operation of continuous mix (drum) or asphalt batching plants and hold current licenses for a Front-End Loader and Forklift but this is not essential.
We are also looking for;
- Plant operator experience in a similar production or manufacturing environment - time spent in asphalt production, concrete, quarrying, crushing or recycling is desirable
- Previous experience maintaining plant machinery with a strong mechanical aptitude will be highly regarded
- Strong safety focus with demonstrated evidence of actively promoting and sustaining a Zero harm environment
- Have a willingness to work shift work and ability to work outside normal business hours in particular night-shift and weekends.
- Have the flexibility to work around other Production facilities within the Melbourne metro area when required
- Exposure to quality control/previous experience in laboratory testing of asphalt, raw materials/ aggregates is an advantage
- Be outcome focussed and have a strong work ethic
- Proficient communication and team work skills
In return we offer:
- Highly supportive, team orientated organisation
- A strong commitment to Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- A long-term career opportunity for working with an ASX listed company
For more information please contact: Helen Kruimel Talent & Sourcing Business Partner, Infrastructure Services, mobile number 0409 072 562
WE RESPECTFULLY REQUEST NO AGENCY APPROACHES
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Standard Time