Our Infrastructure Services division operates three business units: Road Services; Infrastructure Projects and Utilities. As we continue our evolution of growth and innovation, the best people are critical to our success in supporting our customers and catering to market demands.
Downer's Telecommunications business is contracted to its client to design and construct Australia's High Speed National Broadband Network (NBN) using various technologies including FTTX. Our current contracts will see us execute varied works including Single Dwelling Units (SDU) drops, Multi Dwelling Units (MDU) builds and network extensions and augmentation. All works are to the customer's Premises Connection Device (PCD) or Intermediate Connection Device (ICD) which allows end users to connect to the NBN. Works may also include Inside Plant ISP exchange work and Inter Exchange Networks IEN.
The Design Lead is accountable for all technical deliverables under the contract within the region/technology. This includes all design, practical completion and as-built deliverables as well as providing technical training within the region to ensure the region is the industry leader in terms of system, process and innovation. The role manages completion of activities utilising an off-shored design capability.
The role will require excellent knowledge of all technical requirements for Telco construction projects including Telco design, practical completion and as built expertise, sound leadership qualities with ability to build, lead, energise, mentor and develop a team, advanced Microsoft Office suite skills and use of AUTOCAD, quality assurance and technical leadership experience in high volume construction programmes and superior interpersonal skills.
- Qualification in Engineering, Business Management, or Project Management preferred
- Excellent working knowledge of all technical requirements for successful delivery of communications construction projects
- Telecoms design expert capable of supporting a technical team covering design, practical completion and as-built function
- Extensive successful technical project delivery experience with responsibility for quality, design, practical completion and as-built creation
- Negotiation and influencing skills to achieve desired outcomes
- Sound leadership qualities with ability to build, lead, energise, mentor and develop a team
- Strong team leadership experience, preferably including managing an off-shored design capability
- Excellent working knowledge of the Communications market and other sectors that Downer operates in
WHAT WE OFFER
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company.
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
- A supportive and dynamic team environment
- A workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate, and the environment.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply button.
For more information please contact: Lauren Karan, Senior Strategic Talent & Sourcing Business Partner:
(Please note that applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement).
Back to search results