Graduate Civil Engineer
Job ID: 546390
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines)
Who we are
Downer is a diversified engineering and services business. With over 19,000 employees we build strong relationships of trust with our customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions.
Our Infrastructure Services division operates three business units: Road Services; Infrastructure Projects and Utilities. Downer is a Tier 1 contractor of which Infrastructure Services is part of. Downer Infrastructure Services offers end to end services covering tendering, delivery through to operations and maintenance. Infrastructure Services has a strong 100+ internal engineering team that services all projects phases. Downer Utilities has been successful in securing and delivering a number of exciting large scale Power and Water Infrastructure projects including Wind Farms, Utility Scale Solar Farms (>100MW), Waste Water Treatment Plant, Transmission and Distribution Substations and power lines.
Downer is looking for a Graduate Civil Engineer to join our engineering team. The main responsibility of the graduate civil engineer is to provide support to our team with design and documentation requirements. The role is a full time position in our established and growing civil engineering team and based in our Woolloongabba office, Brisbane. Reporting to the Civil Team Leader, there is an exciting horizon of renewable energy, power and water projects as part of this role throughout Queensland and interstate.
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering recognised by Engineers Australia
- You preferably have design experience in one or more of the following sectors – renewable energy, urban development, mining and resources, water, power or other relevant fields
- You’re a self-motivated young engineer with in the order of 2-3 years of experience in an engineering capacity, preferably in a professional design office environment
- Your technical skills may include earthworks, stormwater, drainage, hydrology, solar, water or wind farm
- You have some base knowledge of relevant standards and codes including Austroads and Australian Standards
WHAT WE OFFER
- The ability to see a project grow from concept, tender and detailed design through to construction delivery
- A solid backlog of work and a healthy forward projection of project opportunities
- A wide variety of project opportunities, undertake site visits and gain exposure to construction delivery
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for these great opportunities, please click on “Apply Now” button. Please include a cover letter and resume and quote reference number 546930. Closing date: 13th March 2018
For more information about this position please contact: Sanjay Kumar– Talent & Sourcing Business Partner via email firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please note that applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement).
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: E. Australia Standard Time