Job ID: 546459
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Management, Construction
Who we are
Downer is a diversified engineering and services business. With over 19,000 employees we build strong relationships of trust with our customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions.
Our Infrastructure Services division operates three business units: Road Services; Infrastructure Projects and Utilities. As we continue our evolution of growth and innovation, the best people are critical to our success in supporting our customers and catering to market demands.
An opportunity has become available within our Thomastown depot to manage and provide leadership to field teams and subcontractors to ensure project budget and timelines are achieved while ensuring quality work is delivered in a safe manner that aligns with Downer’s Zero Harm philosophy. The role of Site Supervisor will focus on ensuring all resources are utilised at optimum capacity, coach teams and mentor apprentices, supervise daily construction activity, manage project scheduling for on-time delivery of materials and equipment including subcontractors, accurate and timely reporting, and identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Electrical Trade Certificate and/or Certificate of Technology or other relevant experience in the area of overhead and underground electricity distribution.
- Construction and maintenance experience gained within the electricity distribution industry.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and commitment to Zero Harm.
- Demonstrated track record of achieving the required cost, quality and time schedules.
- Highly developed communication skills that enable effective interaction and the ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated competence in managing complex planning activities in a utilities environment.
- Proven commercial, business, financial and analytical skills.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills coupled with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Proficient with IT and software packages.
- Demonstrated leadership that strives towards the commitment to Zero Harm.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The unique opportunity to work in an organisation where the safety of our people and the environment is at the forefront of all that we do.
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company.
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
- A supportive and dynamic team.
As an employer who embraces equal opportunity and promotes diversity and inclusion, we encourage men and women of all ages and backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians to apply.
For more information about this position please contact: Kate Prendergast – Talent & Sourcing Business Partner Infrastructure Services email firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO APPLY: To apply for this great opportunity, please click on “Apply Now” button. Please include a cover letter and resume and quote reference number 546459
(Please note that applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application through the on-line portal via the advertisement). SK934934A
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Daylight Time